Friday 14 December 2012

It's called capitalism, baby!

First of all, I don't really pay much attention to what happens in the USA. It's a foreign country that baffles me and frankly whatever happens there doesn't have much relevance to my life, but one piece of news that caught my eyes was that Google pulled a tax dodge by transferring their earnings to the Bahamas where they can avoid paying 2 billion dollars worth of tax.
When questioned about this, Google boss Eric Schmidt said "It's called capitalism".

Like I said, I don't pay much attention to what happens in the USA but in a country with laughable minimum wage, lack of universal health care and sky-rocketing poverty levels, I think the country could use an extra two billion dollars. Google, instead, prefers to keep well hidden its pockets.

Is this called capitalism?
Yeah, it sure is.